Florence 2-hr Private Guided Walking Tour from Bologna
- Enjoy a "full immersion" guided tour of Florence to get a quick but very accurate overview of the most important attractions in the city center
- Visit Piazza del Duomo, facing the beautiful cathedral of Santa Maria del Fiore
- Follow the animated Via dei Calzaiuoli to reach Piazza della Signoria, the political heart of Florence
- Explore the 14th-century Loggia dei Lanzi, with its world-renowned statues as Benvenuto Cellini’s Perseus and the Rape of the Sabines by Giambologna
The private guided tour starts with Piazza del Duomo, facing the cathedral of Santa Maria del Fiore, begun by Arnolfo di Cambio in 1296 but only in 1436 crowned with the masterpiece of Filippo Brunelleschi. Beside the façade stands another giant, Giotto’s campanile (bell tower) and opposite the façade of the Duomo is the more ancient Baptistery of St John, with its famous bronze doors by Ghiberti and Andrea Pisano.
Following the animated Via dei Calzaiuoli you'll reach Piazza della Signoria, the political heart of Florence. Here rises the late 13th-century Palazzo della Signoria or Palazzo Vecchio and, flanking the piazza, is the 14th-century Loggia dei Lanzi, in which there are such world-renowned statues as Benvenuto Cellini’s Perseus and the Rape of the Sabines by Giambologna. Prepare to take amazing pics of the statues, the "piazze", the typical streets of the old town and the pictoresque Ponte Vecchio, the most famous and ancient bridge of Florence.
- Private tour lead by an expert
- Private round-trip from Bologna
- Food & drinks
- Entrance tickets to museums/attractions/churches
Prepare for the activity
Bologna train station. Walk out of the station and take the first large street on the right. Walk straight for a few meters and your driver will be waiting for you in the taxi parking area on the right side of the streetOpen in Google Maps ⟶
• Please note that this tour does not include entrance to the main sites – in case you want to visit any particular site you'll have to buy the ticket on the place
• The tour will take place even when it's raining – in the event of an exceptionally heavy rain the tour may be cancelled and you will be given a full refund