While walking through the walled city of Cartagena and getting lost between its cobblestone streets, you'll discover some of its most important historical building and be able to absorb as much information and history as possible at your own pace.
What to Expect
This tour is designed for those who are convinced that the best way to discover a city is by foot. Get to know the beautiful walled city of Cartagena and get lost between its cobblestone streets. You will even walk through the walls and its bastions, where you'll discover some of the most important historical buildings. You’ll be able to absorb as much information and history as possible at your own pace with local tour guides.
Begin this journey at the imposing and beautiful clock tower, La torre del reloj, the spectacular entrance to the old city of Cartagena. This entrance leads you to La Plaza del Comercio, where slave trade used to take place. As you will see, beautiful old buildings with colonial balconies surround the plaza. The tour continues through the cobblestone streets to the next destination, la Plaza de Bolivar. This site was used for several activities in colonial times, hence its changing names over the years, like Inquisition Plaza and Cathedral Plaza. Afterwards, enter Cartagena Cathedral, considered one of the oldest in America, and continue to the place that safeguards a stunning collection of gold and ceramics from the main pre-Columbian cultures, the Gold Museum.
Conclude the trip by walking to the walls surrounding the beautiful Old City, and appreciate the architecture and amazing views.
- Private transport from and to the hotel
- Expert guide who speaks a language of your preference (Spanish, English, Portuguese, Italian, French, German)
- Optional guided visit at Gold Museum
- Visit to the old city’s main landmarks
What's Not Included
- Meals and drinks
- Personal expenses
- Tips and gratuities
- Optional activity costs
Know Before You Go
• The order of tour activities may change depending on the weather
• The Gold Museum is closed on Monday, therefore another museum can be chosen according to the group's interest
• If there is any other place of interest you want to include in the tour, please mention it in advance and it will gladly be included