Discover the culture of Colombia on this gastronomic walking tour food experience through the historic center of Bogotá. Taste a variety of traditional snacks and drinks in the local shops and stands and learn about their history and evolution.
What to Expect
On this 2.5-hour walking food tour, you will visit 6 different food stores, stands, and explore the different tastes of Colombia. You will learn the general background of the alimentary history of the country beginning with the indigenous ancestors and the creation of the arepa. You will discover the clash of cultures between the Spanish and the locals with the creation of empanadas and obleas and the new varieties of food that arose since then like the pandebono.
During the second part of the tour, learn about the history of Bogotá and have a look at one of the traditional drinks used by farmers and the indigenous people to get energy for the long working days in the fields. Finish by having a taste of one of the most famous drinks of Colombia- coffee. You will stop at the Cafe San Alberto and see how this traditional drink is prepared and how it should be enjoyed in its three stages: aroma, flavor, and aftertaste.
- Food tasting
- Local guide
- Local taxes
What's Not Included
- Additional food or drinks not specified
- Personal expenses
- Gratuities (recommended)
Know Before You Go
• Confirmation will be received at time of booking
• Children must be accompanied by an adult
• Adult pricing applies to all travelers
• Minimum drinking age is 18-years-old
• Please make known any specific dietary requirements at the time of booking
• Minimum of 2 persons per booking is required
• Maximum of 8 persons per booking
• A moderate amount of walking is involved
• Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or wheelchairs
• Passport name, number, expiry, and country is required at time of booking for all participants
• Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
• Family friendly