Black Forest: Snowshoe Hike with Lunch at Feldberg
- Explore the winter wonderland of the Black Forest
- Follow an experienced guide through stunning nature
- Enjoy lunch at the highest mountain hut in the Black Forest
- Marvel at spectacular views across the Black Forest Highlands and to the Alps and the Vosgues
After a warm welcome at Rinken Pass, receive a short introduction into snowshoe walking technique. Quickly get the feeling that you're good to go, then begin your slow and continuous hike uphill along forest trails and open fields to reach Feldberg summit.
From here, admire spectacular views to the Alps and the Vosges from the highest point in the Black Forest before making your way to the nearby Wilhelmer Hütte, a charming local mountain hut. Settle down at your reserved tables and prepare for a reinvigorating lunch. Enjoy a typical mountain stew with farmer's bread, a drink of your choice, and a homemade cake with a cup of coffee or tea for dessert.
Leaving the hut, take a short uphill section back to the ridge and from there continue downhill. Delight in stunning views across the Black Forest Highlands once again, and conclude your snowshoe adventure back at the original meeting point.
Please note that dogs are not permitted on this hike out of consideration for other guests in the hut. Contact the local partner for a special offer for snowshoe tours with dogs, if required.
- Qualified local snowshoe guide
- Snowshoes and walking poles
- Lunch at the hut (reserved tables, 1 mountain stew, 1 drink of your choice, 1 piece of cake, 1 cup of coffee/tea)
- Children under 12 years
Prepare for the activity
You will have to drive via Hinterzarten and Alpersbach along a small mountain road until you reach a big parking space "Wanderparkplatz am Rinken". More detailed instructions: drive to Hinterzarten and turn immediately right after the railway bridge. Follow the signs to Rinken for about 10 kilometers (just over 6 miles). This tar road winds its way up, passes below a little ski resort on the left, and much later a little village on the right. Stay on this road, follow it through a tight left curve, and keep on driving for about 3.5 kilometers (2.2 miles) until you reach a big parking space. A barrier across the road indicates that you cannot drive any further. Don't stop driving until you reach this barrier. Your guide will meet you exactly there. Please give the local partner a call if you are unsure about finding the meeting point. Check-in time is 15 minutes before the tour starts. The tour will start punctually at the indicated time. Delays can unfortunately not be taken into acOpen in Google Maps ⟶
• Check-in time is 15 minutes before the tour starts.
• The tour will start punctually at the indicated time. Delays can unfortunately not be taken into account.
• Guarantee of performance: This tour will take place in all weather conditions, provided there is no danger to the participants (at the discretion of the local partner). So please wear adequate and weatherproof hiking clothes, including mountain boots, gloves, and a hat.
• Google maps and other navigation systems might lead you onto closed forest roads so please use the written description, which you'll find in your booking confirmation. If you're unsure about finding the meeting point, please just give the local partner a call.
• The only way to reach the meeting point is by driving with a car to Hinterzarten and further on to Rinken. There is no public transport available.