Go on a three-hour tour around Birmingham to learn about the struggle for equal rights from the end of the Civil War up through the Civil Rights Movement. Get acquainted with an important part of the history of the city and the nation as a whole.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
- Mobile ticketing
- Use your phone or print your voucher
- Duration 3 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Instant confirmation
- Live tour guide
- Pickup included
- We will be in a large white bus with Red Clay Tours on the side of the bus. Or, we will be in a small, light blue Honda Odyssey with Red Clay Tours on the back window. We will come into the hotel lobby for each pickup.
- Learn about the leader of the local Civil Rights Movement, Reverend Fred Shuttlesworth
- Visit Dynamite Hill to understand why Birmingham was nicknamed "Bombingham"
- See the site of the infamous Children's March
- All taxes, fees, and handling charges
- Tour guide
- Live commentary onboard
- All activities
- Air-conditioned transportation
- Hotel pickup and drop off within downtown Birmingham
- People with mobility impairments
Select participants and date
Prepare for the activity
What to bring
- Comfortable shoes
Know before you go
- This tour is not recommended for people with limited mobility
- Bottled water is recommended between May and September
- Umbrella or rain jacket is recommended year round
- Please arrive at the meeting point 15 minutes before the activity starts