Big Island: Morning Snorkel Sail to Captain Cook's Monument
- Experience snorkeling with colorful schools of fish and pods of spinner dolphins
- Explore snorkeling near unique underwater lava formations
- Capture a photo of a majestic Hawaiian Humpback Whales (seasonal Dec-April)
- Enjoy learning about the Hawaiian history of the Captain Cook Monument at Kealakekua Bay
Your captain will select the best snorkeling sites in Kealakekua Bay, as the friendly and professional crew members provide site briefings and historical facts. The crew members will provide snorkel tips and basic instructions to guests of all ages and experience levels. Life jackets, floatation noodles, and viewfinder boards as well as masks, fins, and snorkels are provided aboard the Hokulani. The crew members will help you enter and exit the water if needed and will provide fish identification cards. They will even take you on a guided snorkeling tour and have lunch ready when you have snorkeled up an appetite. Snorkel time is approximately one hour at each location.
Make sure to bring an underwater camera to capture the colorful schools of fish, pods of spinner dolphins that are also commonly spotted in the bay, and the landscaped ledges of ancient lava flows. You will then have a moment for another breath taking view of the bay while you enjoy a sumptuous lunch with beverages. Exiting the bay, you set sail for “Red Hill” (weather permitting). The Red Hill area is home to unique underwater lava formations such as archways and lava tubes, and more snorkeling with schools of vibrant sea life. As your snorkel adventure comes to an end, you will set sail back to Keauhou Bay arriving by 1 pm (approx.), with majestic memories of your Sea Paradise trip that will last a lifetime.
- Tropical style continental breakfast and deli style buffet lunch with beverages
- Reef Safe Sunscreen, Masks, Fins, Snorkels, Floatation noodles, and body boards
Prepare for the activity
Check-in at 8:00 am at the store located at: 78-6831 Alii Drive Suite #144 Kailua Kona, Hi 96740 in the Keauhou Shopping Center. You will then be issued with boarding passes and given driving directions to meet the boat for your 8:30am departure at Keauhou Bay.Open in Google Maps ⟶