Come and explore Berlin Kreuzberg's culinary scene with a Bergmannkiez Food Tour. Along a curated route you will explore this popular Kiez and its hiddem gems. The tour 6 food tastings from carefully selected vendors.
What to Expect
Beautiful Bergmannkiez is a neighborhood within a neighborhood; a small, refined, and altogether sophisticated area within the more rambunctious Kreuzberg, Berlin’s wild child neighborhood. Kreuzberg is one of the younger areas of the city, having been undeveloped until the 19th century, when tenements were built to house the workers streaming into Berlin. Enclosed on three sides by the Berlin Wall, it became a home for squatters, students, and immigrants and the locus of punk rock and other countercultures. When the Wall fell however, parts of the neighborhood quickly grew in popularity for those with money.
The area around Bergmannkiez escaped the damage caused by the bombing of Berlin and is now one of the few areas in the city where you can still get a glimpse and a feel for pre-war Berlin as you walk past the elegant facades of these lovely gas lamp-lit streets. Nearby Viktoriapark, with its waterfall cascading down Kreuzberg (literally mountain of the cross) crowned by the Prussian National Monument, is the place to catch the sunset or splash romantically in the shallows. The Marheineke Market sells delectable and delights of all shapes and forms catering to an upscale clientele. And as your journey from bite to delicious bite you will discover how all of this makes Bergmannkiez a wonder to explore!
- 6 food tastings from carefully selected vendors
- 2 Pierogis
- Glass of white wine
- Turkish antipasti plate
- Goat cheese tapas with 'Molke'-Drink
- Curry Wurst + Fries
- Ice cream of choice
What's Not Included
- Transportation to get there
- Additional food/drinks at participating vendors
The app will guide you to the starting point of the tour:
Metro // U Südstern (Berlin), Kreuzberg
Know Before You Go
• This tour is not available on Saturdays, Sundays, Mondays or national holidays.
• There is no guaranteed substitutions for those with allergies, though some stops will accommodate.
• Note that you may be asked to wait to receive your bite, depending on rush-hours, and seating may not be available.
• You may interrupt the tour and continue it on a different day.
• You may convert unused bites to bite-credit via the app.
• The tour is valid for 6 months from the date of purchase.