Experience an exciting tour of the historical traces of Berlin's oldest gay neighborhood, the rainbow quarter of north Schöneberg, between Dennewitzstraße and Nollendorfplatz. Learn about how the district became what it is today and what the future holds.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
- Mobile ticketing
- Use your phone or print your voucher
- Duration 2.5 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Instant confirmation
- Live tour guide
- German, English
- Wheelchair accessible
- Visit the location of the famous Hollandais club, where the famous balls took place each season between 1923 and 1933
- Visit the location of the Nationalhof, the gay rights movement's ballroom between 1924 and 1932
- Discover the lesbian quarter along the Schwerin Straße
- See the Motzstraße scene, and the Eldorado, a famous Cabaret
- Get the feel for the swinging Berlin of the 1920s
- Visit Christopher Isherwood's house on Nollendorfstraße
- See the place where the famous Kleist Casino was to be found in the 1920s
- Wander down Eisenacher Straße, which still today reflects the varied life of the gay neighborhood
- Informative tour leadership from a museum teacher
Select participants and date
Prepare for the activity
Meeting point varies depending on option booked.
Know before you go
- Special dates, times and meeting points for a tour can be arranged for you and your group according to your wishes. Please name these when telephoning.