During this Segway tour you’ll explore the spaces where Berlin was once divided, and see the remnants of the iconic Berlin Wall up close. See what now stands in its place and hear stories about this turbulent era of history from a knowledgeable guide.
What to Expect
During the Cold War, Berlin was at the forefront of the ideological battle between East and West. The city was divided not only politically but also by one of the world’s most famous walls.
On this 3-hour Berlin Wall Segway Tour you’ll explore not only the physical remains of the former division but also learn about the events that led up to the building of the Wall, what life was like in its shadow, and the events that led to its fall in 1989.
Head east to see a completely different set of noteworthy landmarks, and trace the path of the former Wall. You’ll hear about escape attempts and the political impact this former division still has on Berlin today.
Learn how Berlin’s contemporary landscape is heavily influenced by the transformation of the former no-man’s land into new opportunities for some and struggles for others.
- Experienced guide
- Segway training before the tour
- Bag and luggage storage
Know Before You Go
• Participants must have a valid driver's license in their possession during the tour
• The acceptable weight range is between 100 pounds (45 kilograms) and 255 pounds (117 kilograms)
• Participants must be at least 15 years old
• Due to safety regulations, pregnant women are not permitted on Segway tours