Berlin Wall & Cold War History Small Group Cycling Tour
- Cross at the former border-control at Bornholmer Straße and cycle through Mauerpark
- See the Wall Memorials at Bernauer Straße and visit the ghost-station and border-crossing at Chausseestraße
- Experience the Invaliden Graveyard and see the former border-crossing at Invalidenstraße
- Ride along the Government Bank to the "Parliament of Trees"
- Discover the famous Brandenburg Gate, Potsdamer Platz, Checkpoint Charlie, and the Tränenpalast on Friedrichstraße
You will begin your journey through history in the place where it all ended: on the Square of the 9th November 1989 – where the first East German citizens crossed the border. Discover how the cherry trees came to be grown on Bornholmer Straße and see the original watchtower and the death-strip.
Follow the pictures of rabbits on the ground, to the Brandenburg Gate and on through it to the Tränenpalast, "Palace of Tears," on Friedrichstraße. Ride past the Friedrichstadt Palace, the Museum Island, the New Synagogue and the Old Berlin Post Office.
- City guide
- Rain Poncho (if necessary)
- Food and drink
Prepare for the activity
Meet your guide at 75 Bornholmer Straße, Berlin 10439. By public transport: 1 minute on foot from tram-stop Björnsonstraße (Lines M1, M13, M50) 2 minutes on foot from S-Bahn station Bornholmer Straße (Lines S1, S2, S8, S25, S85) 10 minutes on foot from S-Bahn/U-Bahn station Schönhauser Allee (Lines S8, S41, S42, S85, U2)Open in Google Maps ⟶
- Passport or ID card
- Sun hat
- Luggage or large bags