Get an insider’s look at the Cold War on a walking tour around Berlin. Discover how it came about, what life was like behind the wall, how it crumbled down, and much more on a fascinating journey into one of the most intriguing episodes in history.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
- Reserve now & pay later
- Keep your travel plans flexible — book your spot and pay nothing today.
- Duration 3 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Live tour guide
- English, German
- Pickup optional
- You will be picked up from your accommodation when the tour starts. Please wait in the hotel lobby 5 minutes before your scheduled pickup time. Once you are dropped off, meet in front of the Tourist Information at the Brandenburg Gate at Pariser Platz 1, 10117 Berlin Look for the guide with a yellow name badge.
- Private group available
Select participants and date
Meet your guide outside the Friedrichstr. train station, on the square beside the 'Traenenpalast' (Palace of Tears) to begin the tour. Look for the guide with a yellow name badge.Open in Google Maps ⟶
What to bring
- Weather-appropriate clothing
- Comfortable shoes
- Comfortable clothes
Know before you go
- The tour proceeds regardless of the weather
- Comfortable shoes are recommended as the tour involves a bit of walking