Explore the famous Museum Island in Berlin with an experienced academic on this 3-hour tour. Learn all about the architecture and collections of the 5 museums. See masterpieces such as the bust of Nefertiti or the Ishtar Gate.
What to Expect
Explore the fascinating Museum Island in the center of Berlin on this 3-hour tour with an archaeologist or art historian as your guide. Visit the island on the River Spree with a unique ensemble of architecture, which has been a UNESCO World Heritage Site since 1999 and receives over 5 million visitors from all over the world each year.
5 magnificent museums were erected between 1823 and 1934: the Altes Museum, the Neues Museum, the Alte Nationalgalerie, the Bode Museum, and the Pergamon Museum. They cleverly combine presentation with political representation. Learn about the current “master plan for Museum Island,” which will adapt the buildings to suit the needs of the 21st century.
Experience the breathtaking diversity of Berlin’s museum landscape on this professional, engaging, and lively tour on the subject of the architecture and the collections of the Museum Island. This tour can be customized to suit each group and your individual wishes.
Admire the evidence of thousands of years of human history including masterpieces such as the world-famous Ishtar Gate from Babylon, the bust of Nefertiti, or the gold-primed apse mosaic from Ravenna.
- Tour accompanied by an experienced archaeologist or art historian
- Completion of all formalities
What's Not Included
- Ticket fees (free admission up to 18 years of age)
- License fee (70 euros per group)
Know Before You Go
• Please note that due to limited capacity in the Pergamon Museum that tours are not available in the museum every day
• This is a private tour. The price covers the whole group
• Please phone the tour operator if you are going to be late to the meeting point so that your tour guide may be informed
• Tours run in any weather conditions with some adjustments according to the weather if necessary
• Expenses incurred during the museum tour such as entrance tickets and museum license fees are not included in the tour price