6-Hour In-Depth Private Tour of Jewish Berlin
- Explore Jewish Berlin with a local private guide
- Benefit from private groups of no more than 10 people per tour
- Visit the Old and New Synagogues
- See the oldest Jewish Cemetery in Berlin
- Visit the Museum of Otto Weidt's Workshop for the Blind
- Learn about modern Jewish life in the city
Much of the tour explores the Holocaust under Nazi Germany in World War II. See Otto Weidt’s "Workshop for the Blind" which provides more insight into this tragic period. Learn how Weidt employed deaf and blind Jews in his factory and sought hiding places for them, saving many from concentration camps. Many of the hiding places are in the museum itself.
Visit the Memorial for the Murdered Jews of Europe, where one can pay respect to victims, and learn more about the Holocaust. You will also have the possibility to take a look inside the impressive New Synagogue and to visit the Leo Baeck House, the Central Council of German Jews. All tours can be customized to your own interests and preferences.
- Expert private guide
- Entrance fees
- Food and drinks
Prepare for the activity
The Tour starts at the entrance to the TV Tower at the Alexanderplatz. The TV Tower is the highest building of Berlin and has the distinctive silver ball on its half. The meeting place is at the benches in front of the entrance to the tower.Open in Google Maps ⟶
• This is a walking tour, please make sure you are able and willing to walk. Of course pace will be moderate and a place to have a coffee is always nearby.