One of your priorities in Beijing should be to try out its famous Peking duck. This tour provides round-way private transfer service so you can dine on exquisite Chinese cuisine at a Peking Duck banquet dinner.
What to Expect
Meet your guide at your hotel in Beijing city center and drive towards your Peking dinner. Sampling the world-famous Peking Duck is an absolute must-do in Beijing. You can't say you've eaten Peking Duck until you've had it in Beijing, where it's as authentic as could be.
Over a period of 140 years, a precise procedure for cooking Peking duck has been firmly established. Firstly, a suitable white Beijing duck will be chosen for preparation. After the bird has been plucked, air is pumped between its skin and flesh. A small incision is made for the removal of the entrails. After the duck has been cleaned, a wooden skewer is inserted through it to facilitate its hanging and ultimate heating; the body cavity is filled with water and the incision that had been made is closed. Then the skin of the duck is air dried and brushed with a layer of sugar. Then it's time to go in the oven, using a smokeless hardwood fuel and heating it to about 270 degrees Centigrade for 30 to 40 minutes. The duck is turned frequently during the roasting process to ensure even cooking.
Then you'll discover the culinary secrets of carving the duck correctly and eating it Beijing style.
After dinner, you'll be taken back to your hotel in Beijing city center.
- Dinner(food only)
- Round-trip private transfer
- English-speaking guide
Know Before You Go
• Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 2 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
• Please provide your hotel information and your name
• A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
• Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund