Discover the most beautiful section of the Great Wall of China on a 9-hour tour of the Mutianyu section. Ride the cable car for breathtaking views. Then, descend by toboggan for an authentic Chinese lunch. Tour the ancient Beijing alleys by rickshaw.
What to Expect
Enjoy a full-day private tour to the Yanshan Mountains north of Beijing, and take in the breathtaking scenery. Your ultimate destination is one of the most spectacular sections of the Great Wall of China.
Upon arrival at the Mutianyu Great Wall, soak up the serene atmosphere, far from the crowds of the more touristy sections of China's most famous monument. You will ascend Mutianyu by cable car or ski lift for panoramic views of the dense woods, rich pasture and undulating mountains, stretching as far as Mongolia.
Built mainly from granite, the pass is a unique section of the Great Wall, with crenellations on both sides. Older than the famous Badaling section, it provides visitors with a more challenging hike. Descend the mountain by toboggan.
Then, after an authentic Chinese lunch in a local restaurant, explore Beijing's ancient alleys - known as Hutongs - by rickshaw. Climb aboard the iconic mode of transport to get a closer look at local life in the old city. You will stop at a teahouse to take part in some traditional tea drinking, completing your immersion into some of China's most emblematic cultural experiences.
- Entrance fees to all sites mentioned
- Round-trip cable car or ski-lift up, and toboggan down the hill
- Chinese lunch
- Unlimited mineral water
- Rickshaw ride around the Hutongs
What's Not Included
- Tips to your guide and driver
Know Before You Go
• Please note that this tour involves a lot of hiking. Wear comfortable shoes and get plenty of rest the day before
• The tour is completely private. Once your date is confirmed, the tour will no longer be available to anyone else except your party
• An authentic Chinese lunch is included. if you have any special dietary requests, please advise in advance
• The quoted price is for a tour of between 8 to 9 hours. Additional hours are billed at USD 15 per hour for the guide and USD 15 per hour for the driver
• The itinerary is flexible and can be adjusted according to your personal interests
• In China, child discounts are based on height. Please advise of your child's height for discounts to be applied accordingly