Visit 3 of the most significant attractions of the Beijing area on a full-day tour. See the Tiananmen Square, explore the Forbidden City, and take a hike along the Mutianyu section of the Great Wall. Learn about the Ming and Qing emperors, and much more.
What to Expect
This full-day program is ideal if you have a limited amount of time in Beijing but want to see the highlights in a single day. The coach tour begins with a hotel pick-up between 7:00 and 08:00 in downtown Beijing, and a comfortable air-conditioned drive to Tiananmen Square.
Marvel at the vast size of the world’s largest public square and its imposing monuments and buildings, such as the Tiananmen Tower, the Great Hall of the People and Chairman Mao's Mausoleum.
The Forbidden City, the largest and best-preserved palatial complex of imperial China is your next stop. Walk along the central axis of ornate palaces of the Ming and Qing dynasties. For centuries, the Forbidden City served as home to emperors and their households, as well the ceremonial center of the Chinese government.
Next on the itinerary is a drive to the Mutianyu section of the Great Wall of China. You’ll stop en route at a jade factory to see the ancient art of jade carving. A traditional Chinese lunch will be served before you continue to Mutianyu, where you’ll be able to admire one of the most beautiful sections of the Great Wall of China up close. Enjoy a hike along the wall or take an optional cable car ride.
On the way back to central Beijing, you’ll have views of the Olympic Bird's Nest and Water Cube in the distance. Stop to enjoy the Chinese traditional silk arts before you’re dropped off at your hotel between 17:00 and 18:00.
- Hotel pick-up and drop off
- Transportation by air-conditioned coach
- English-speaking guide
- Entrance tickets to attractions mentioned in the itinerary
- Chinese lunch
What's Not Included
- Cable car ticket
- Shuttle bus at Mutianyu Great Wall
- Tips for the guide and driver
Know Before You Go
• The tour is not available on Mondays
• You will be contacted on the evening before the tour to confirm the exact pick-up time
• The services of the guide are shared among all tour members
• Transportation is by a safe, comfortable and air-conditioned coach with a suitable number of passengers