Hike the rugged Jinshanling Great Wall of China and get spectacular views of the mountains and forests on a day trek with lunch. Walk for about 3 hours to appreciate the magnificent feat of human endeavor far from the usual tourist crowds.
What to Expect
Hike the Great Wall of China on Jinshanling for spectacular views of the mountainous countryside around the magnificent feat of human endeavor.
With about 3 hours of hiking, the full-day tour will immerse you in the rugged hills and steep inclines of a less touristy section of the wall, where grandeur and natural beauty go hand-in-hand with a spectacular feat of engineering.
En route to the wall, you will be served a simple box breakfast. Then, experience the impressive number of watchtowers of Jinshanling. The round-trip hike is about 10km, during the hiking tour you will know why Jinshanling is called a photographers' paradise.
See the great Barrier Wall, where parts were built on sheer cliffs or steep mountain slopes. Locals call it Heavenly Ladder, and some points are so narrow that only a thin wall could be built. Experience “the greatest of the whole length of the Great Wall,” and admire inscribed bricks rarely seen elsewhere along the wall.
Then enjoy a Chinese lunch before your transfer back to Beijing.
- Hotel pick-up and drop off
- Transportation by air-conditioned coach
- English-speaking guide
- Box breakfast
- Entrance tickets to attractions mentioned in the itinerary
- Chinese lunch
Know Before You Go
• Please note that this tour is available daily
• You will be contacted on the evening before your tour date to confirm exact pick-up time
• The services of the guide are shared among all tour members
• Transportation is by safe, comfortable air-conditioned coach with seats for 22 passengers