Learn about Beijing's imperial past on this all-inclusive day tour. Visit Tiananmen Square, The Forbidden City, and the Summer Palace. Enjoy a traditional lunch, and a visit to a fresh-water pearl workshop.
What to Expect
Beijing is an impressive super city, abundant with rich historical architecture, monuments, and exhibits. This all-inclusive day tour is a great way to see the most important attractions of the imperial city in just a day, with lunch, round-trip-transportation and a local guide at your service.
The tour begins at Tiananmen Square. This is one of the biggest city center squares in the world and is regarded as the symbol of New China. Learn about the historic and turbulent events of the square told by your professional local guide.
Originally commissioned by Emperor Yong Le in the Ming Dynasty, the Forbidden City has been the seat of power for centuries. The building has seen countless battles and reconstruction, and the architecture you can see today dates from the 1700s. The Forbidden City is also known as the Imperial Palace Museum, with all the art and splendor of China available for you to see.
Visit the Temple of Heaven. This is China’s largest temple and altar complex, and an extraordinary example of religious architecture dating back to the Ming and Qing dynasties.
After a traditional Chinese lunch, visit the Summer Palace. Used for 8 centuries, the Empress Dowager Cixi renovated the entire building in the 19th century. This impressive work of renovation includes the manmade lake seen today.
You will also stop by at the Chinese fresh-water pearl workshop where you can learn how pearls are processed and make into jewelry. This is a great chance for a spot of souvenir shopping.
- Private car for hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Sightseeing program as indicated in the itinerary
- Meals as indicated in the itinerary
- Local English-speaking tour guide for pick-up, drop-off and sightseeing
- Entrance fees to scenic spots
- Parking fee and toll fee wherever applicable
What's Not Included
- Hotel accommodation.
- Flight/train ticket
- Personal expenses such as laundry, drinks, fax, telephone call, optional activities
- Gratuities to the tour guide, driver, and hotel bellboy
- Services not mentioned in the itinerary
- Travel insurance