Experience 2 important attractions on a full-day guided tour from Beijing. See the Ming Tombs, the burial site of 13 Ming Dynasty emperors. Enjoy lunch and visit the Great Wall at Mutianyu to admire the spectacular scenery. Shop for Chinese silk as well!
What to Expect
On this full-day tour of the Ming Tombs and the Great Wall you’ll be picked up at your hotel in Beijing early in the morning.
You’ll head from the city on a 2-hour drive to the site of the Ming Tombs, known as the Underground Palace of the emperors of the Ming Dynasty. This is the final resting place for 13 Ming Dynasty emperors. Your guide will take you on a sightseeing tour of the area.
After visiting the Ming Tombs you’ll enjoy lunch at the Jade Art Restaurant.
In the afternoon you’ll proceed to the Great Wall at Mutianyu. This section of the Great Wall is famous for its breathtaking scenery. You’ll have 2 hours to explore the site, and have the option of taking a ride on the Great Wall Cable Car, which is not included in the tour price.
On the way back to Beijing there will be a stop at a shop that features typical Chinese silk.
This is a join-in group tour that operates daily.
- Hotel pick-up and drop off
- Sightseeing program as indicated in the description
- Meals as indicated in the description
- Local English-speaking tour guide
- Entrance fees to scenic spots as indicated in the description
- Parking fee and tolls wherever applicable
What's Not Included
- Hotel accommodation
- Flight/train tickets
- Personal expenses such as laundry, drinks, fax, telephone call, optional activities
- Gratuities for the tour guide, driver, hotel bellboy
- Services not mentioned in the description
- Travel insurance
Know Before You Go
Please note that prices are quoted in US dollars per adult. The price for a child is 80 percent of the adult price. Prices are for reference only and may vary according to your travel date and group size.