Beijing: Tiananmen, Forbidden City, and Mutianyu Great Wall
Pickup includedAt your hotel inside the Third Ring Road in the East and inside the Second Ring Road in the North, West, and South.
- Explore the imperial palace of the Forbidden City, former home to 24 Chinese emperors
- Visit the best-preserved section of the Great Wall of China at the Mutianyu Great Wall
- Enjoy the company of only English-speaking travelers in the coach and an English-speaking guide
Tiananmen Square (guided tour)
Forbidden City (guided tour)
Shopping, jade factory
Mutianyu Great Wall (lunch, free time)
Cable car optional
Shopping, tea ceremony
Then, enter the largest and best-preserved palatial complex of the imperial era and walk along the central axis of the Forbidden City. See the palaces from north to south and follow in the footsteps of the Ming and Qing emperors. Marvel at the defensive walls and the intricate pavilions on the towers.
Next, take a 1-hour drive to Changping District (formerly Changping County) and make a short 45-minute visit to a jade carving shop. Admire the skillful handiwork of the jade carvers. Then enjoy a traditional lunch in a Chinese restaurant. Continue to the Mutianyu section of the Great Wall of China and choose the option with cable car to be up to the wall's walkway.
One of the best-preserved sections of the Great Wall of China, the Mutianyu Great Wall is located 70km northeast of Beijing. Experience the wall much as it was when it was first built, and admire the breathtaking views of the surrounding scenery.
After 2 hours of walking over the wall, you will return to Beijing downtown, where you will have the chance to learn about the Chinese traditional medicine culture and experience a foot massage. Finishing the tour, you will be transferred back to your hotel around 05:00 PM - 06:00 PM depending on the order of hotel drop off.
- Hotel pickup and drop off (inside the Third Ring Road in the East and inside the Second Ring Road in the North, West, and South)
- Transportation by air-conditioned coach
- Entrance tickets
- English-speaking guide
- Typical Chinese lunch
- Tips for the guide and driver
- Pregnant women
- Wheelchair users
Prepare for the activity
- Comfortable shoes
• Please note that pickup will take place between 6:30 AM and 7:30 AM
• Your guide will contact you the evening before the tour to confirm the pickup time and they will call your room upon arrival at your hotel on the day of travel
• Please note that depending on traffic conditions, the return time may be later than stated
• Hotel pickup and drop-off is only possible inside the Third Ring Road in the East and inside the Second Ring Road in the North, West, and South
• If your hotel is located in an apartment, the nearest hotel will be the pickup place
• If your hotel is located in the hutong area, you might need to wait at the main road as the vehicle could not enter
• There will be a couple of shopping stops during the tour. Making purchases is optional.