Beijing: Walk the Streets Like a Local Tour
From $39 per personBook now
- Explore the main commercial, cultural and historic areas in Beijing
- Travel like a local as you see Beijing's sights by public transport
- See the city's top sights like Lama Temple and Confucius Temple
Later on, take Subway Line 5 at DengShiKou Station to YongHeGong (Lama Temple) Station. Stroll along the tree-lined street, you will pass by YongHeGong (The Lama Temple), a temple with fabulous artworks and combination architecture of Chinese and Tibetan style. You will proceed to visit the KongMiao (Confucius Temple), a tranquil place with rich historical heritage that offers fantastic insights into Confucius’s life and his teachings. Continue to the neighboring GuoZiJian, the highest academic institute of imperial China, where the emperors would visit very often and read Confucian classics to thousands of students.
After the visit, walk to the YongHeGong Station and take Subway Line 2 to GuLouDaJie, a quaint hutong (alleys) neighborhood filled with restaurants, bars, cafés and boutique stores. Enjoy the optional lunch according to your guide’s recommendation. Then you will hop on a rickshaw and go for a ride through the narrow hutongs (alleys). Sit back and experience the old days of Beijing as your guide share interesting stories about the historical sites along the way, including the majestic Drum Tower & Bell Tower, the zigzag Yandai Xiejie HuTong, the landmark Yinding Bridge of the scenic area ShiChaHai.
The tour ends here at approximately 3.00 pm.
- Admission fees
- English-speaking tour guide
- Travel Agency liability insurance
- Chinese Visa fees
- Gratuities to guides and drivers
- Travel insurance
The tour starts at 9:00 am in the morning. Please arrive the designated meeting place –Beijing Hotel Add: 33 East Chang'An Street (Dong Chang'an Jie), Beijing 10 minutes in advance. Your guide will meet you at the lobby of the hotel.
• This is a small group tour with a maximum of 12 participants
• On the day KongMiao (Confucius Temple) and GuoZiJian are closed, you will visit YongHeGong (The Lama Temple) instead
Product ID: 67106