See all the classic Beijing sites on this full-day city sightseeing tour covering Temple of Heaven where you can learn Tai Chi with local people, Tiananmen Square, Forbidden City and Summer Palace, and more.
What to Expect
Your full-day tour starts at the Temple of Heaven, China's largest temple and altar complex. This extraordinary example of religious architecture dates back to the Ming and Qing dynasties. You can watch many people doing morning exercise here. If you like, you can learn Tai Chi with the locals and getting ready for a day full of excitement.
After Tai Chi, head over to Tiananmen Square to explore China's more recent history, influenced by Chairman Mao and the rise of communism. From there it's on to the Forbidden City, built by Emperor Yong Le during the Ming Dynasty, and the seat of power for centuries. It has seen countless battles and reconstructions, and the architecture seen today dates from the 1700s. The Forbidden City is also known as the Imperial Palace Museum, with the history of every dynasty represented in four palatial halls.
Drive to Summer Palace after lunch. It was the summer retreat of emperors for 800 years. One of Beijing's finest parks surrounds the palace, and you'll be able to explore the grounds, temples and the world's longest art gallery.
Your final destination is to enjoy a Tea Ceremony where you can have a rest and learn about China's tea culture.
You will be transferred back to your Beijing city hotel in an air-conditioned vehicle.
- Main entrance fees as per the itinerary
- Professional guide
- Beijing city downtown hotel pick-up and drop off
- Round-trip private transfer
- Small group tour
What's Not Included
- Gratuities (optional)
Know Before You Go
• Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 2 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
• A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
• Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
• A copy of your Passport is required when booking this tour and on the date of travel