If your time in Beijing is short, take this full-day private tour to see all the essential sights like Tiananmen Square, the Forbidden City and the Mutianyu section of the Great Wall of China.
What to Expect
This full-day sightseeing tour of Beijing's essential sights begins at Tiananmen Square, with an overview of China's Communist history. You'll tour the grounds and see Tiananmen's vast array of halls and monuments.
From Tiananmen Square it's a short walk to the Forbidden City, also known as the Imperial Palace Museum. The history of every dynasty is represented in four palatial halls, plus antiques and treasures from China's thousands of year’s history. Then on to visit a nearby cloisonné enamel ware factory and enjoy a Chinese style lunch there.
The Mutianyu section of the Great Wall of China offers an alternative Great Wall experience to the popular Badaling section. This segment of China's ancient engineering marvel features an optional cable car ride, or an opportunity to climb more than 1,400 steps to the top.
The Mutianyu Great Wall is much steeper than the Badaling section, and offers a more challenging climb. This section is also older than Badaling, and features outer and inner parapets and three watchtowers.
After a great day of essential Beijing city tour, you will be transferred back to your hotel in Beijing.
- Hotel pick-up and drop off (hotels in Beijing city center)
- Round-trip transfers
- Small group tour
Know Before You Go
• Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 2 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours and is subject to availability
• A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
• Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancelation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
• The duration of transfers are approximate, the exact duration will depend on the time of day and traffic conditions