See two of China's most popular destinations, the World Heritage-listed Great Wall of China and the Dingling burial chamber of the Ming Tombs, on one unforgettable guided day trip from Beijing.
What to Expect
After pick-up in the morning from your hotel, you will head north out of bustling Beijing to two popular attractions. The first stop on your full-day sightseeing tour is the Great Wall of China; the greatest symbol of ancient Chinese engineering and one of the world's most famous structures. The Badaling section is a prime, preserved example of this colossal monument, which became a strategic military location during the Warring States period (476-221 BC), when many of the incomplete parts of the wall were built.
Here at the Badaling section, you have the opportunity to climb either the north or south face of the Great Wall, enjoying sweeping views of the surrounding landscape. As you stroll with your guide past watchtowers along the ancient fortification, learn why it was designated a UNESCO World Heritage site and see why it lives up to its reputation as one of the Eight Wonders of the World.
During your day trip, a Chinese-style lunch is included, along with a shopping opportunity at the renowned Longdi jade factory. Learn how this beautiful stone is carved and enjoy browsing for goods.
From Badaling it's on to the sacred Ming Tombs in the afternoon, which were burial grounds to 13 of the 16 Ming emperors. Situated just outside the city, only three of the tombs are actually open for viewing. Here you will have the opportunity to visit the burial chamber of Dingling Underground Palace.
Dingling Underground Palace is the only tomb to have been excavated. Buried here are three individuals; Emperor Wan-li (died 1620), Empress Wang (died 1620), and another Empress Wang (died 1611). The Emperor Wan-li was the last of the great Ming Emperors, reigning 48 years, longer than any Chinese Emperor since the Han Emperor Wu of the 2nd century B.C. Alongside him are his wife and 1st concubine.
After your Dingling visit, you will be transferred back to your hotel in Beijing in an air-conditioned vehicle.
- Entrance fees
- Professional guide
- Beijing downtown hotel pick-up and drop off
- Small group tour
What's Not Included
- Gratuities (optional)
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
Know Before You Go
• Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 2 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
• A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
• Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
• The duration of transfers are approximate, the exact duration will depend on the time of day and traffic conditions