6 Day, 5 Night Beijing Tour with Train to Pingyao
From $941 per personBook now
- Visit Forbidden City, explore the halls and gardens of the largest ancient palatial structure in the world
- Tour the Changling tomb, resting place of the third Ming emperor and a magnificent example of Ming Dynasty architecture.
- Visit the Summer Palace which is a former retreat for the imperial family.
- Visit the almost completely preserved Old City in Pingyao, famous for its rich assortment of old architecture.
- Visit Shuanglin Temple, which contains over 2000 colorfully decorated wooden and terracotta statues.
*After being picked up at your hotel lobby or other appointed place, visit the square that witnessed the founding of the People’s Republic of China. Tian’an Men is of one the world’s most impressive public plazas and stands at the center of Beijing.
* Visit Forbidden City. Explore the halls and gardens of the largest ancient palatial structure in the world, the best preserved imperial palace in China and a site of great historical importance. (excl. exhibition)
*Enjoy lunch at a local Chinese restaurant
* Visit the Temple of Heaven. Framed amongst the princely imperial styles of the Ming and Qing Dynasties the site is a masterpiece of imperial style and architecture.
*Dinner at a local restaurant
Day 2: Beijing (B/L/D)
*After breakfast at your hotel, visit the Badaling section of the Great Wall. Enjoy this testament to Chinese engineering and ingenuity, a monument to human endeavor set against a backdrop of stunning scenery. (Incl. cable car)
*Tour the Changling tomb, resting place of the third Ming emperor and a magnificent example of Ming Dynasty architecture.
*Visit the site of the 2008 Summer Olympics and enjoy the modern designs of the Water Cube and the Bird’s Nest. (exterior only; excl. entrance fee)
*Chinese lunch and dinner at a local restaurant
Day 3: Beijing – Pingyao (B/L)
*After breakfast at your hotel, visit the Summer Palace. A former retreat for the imperial family, the Summer Palace provides a range of striking views and the opportunity to take in Kunming Lake. Its buildings and courtyards are beautifully decorated and charged with history. (complex only; excludes boat on Kunming Lake)
*Chinese lunch at a local restaurant
*Visit the Lama Temple, which originally built as a palace for the royal prince but was later converted into a Buddhist monastery. The temple has been meticulously preserved and features many ornate buildings and statues.
*Then transfer to the Beijing railway station and from their take an overnight train to Pingyao (soft sleeper). You can arrange your own dinner.
Day 4: Pingyao (B/D)
*Upon arrival at the Pingyao railway station, we will transfer to the hotel where you can eat breakfast.
*Visit the almost completely preserved Old City in Pingyao, famous for its rich assortment of old architecture.
*Climb up the Pingyao City Wall and walk along part of its 6-kilometer circumference as you admire the city from a new vantage point.
*Check out the county “yamen” in Pingyao, the county’s government office where the magistrate lived and worked throughout the centuries. This complex was originally built in 1346 and has more than 300 rooms.
*Walk along the Ming-Qing Street, Pingyao’s historic business district that is lined with buildings dating back to the Ming and Qing Dynasties.
*Free to explore and eat lunch on your own.
*Chinese dinner at local restaurant
Day 5: Pingyao -Beijing (B/L)
*After having breakfast at the hotel, enjoy the morning at your own leisure.
*Chinese lunch at a local restaurant
*Visit Shuanglin Temple, which contains over 2000 colorfully decorated wooden and terracotta statues. The temple complex is approximately 1500 years old, with current buildings that were constructed during the Ming and Qing dynasties.
*We’ll transfer to the Pingyao railway station and take the overnight train back to Beijing (soft-sleeper). You can arrange for your own dinner.
Day 6: Beijing
After arriving at the Beijing railway station, we’ll transfer you to your hotel or other appointed place in the city center, thus concluding the tour.
B = Breakfast ; L = Lunch; D = Dinner
- 3 nights in 4-star hotels, in twin rooms with bath/shower, w/mentioned breakfast
- All transfers mentioned in the program
- Meals as mentioned in the program at local restaurant with 1 glass of soft drink included
- All sightseeing mentioned in the program, including entrance fees (first entry, subject to change)
- Soft sleeper overnight train ride Beijing-Pingyao-Beijing (excl. luggage check-in)
- Local English speaking guide
- Chinese Visa
- International flight to/from China
- Any costs not mentioned above
- Personal costs and tipping for guides, driver and porter
- National Guide
- Separate luggage van
- Any other surcharges that may be announced later
- Surcharge for National Holiday: National Day Holiday, Labor Day and other exhibition date is to be advised.
Hotel lobby or other appointed place
Days before departure Penalty
between 20-15 days: 40% of the tour cost
between 14-10 days: 60% of the tour cost
between 9-3 days: 80% of the tour cost
between 2-1 day: 90% of the tour cost
between 24 hours or no shows: 100% of the tour cost
Check-in is at 14:00 and check-out time is at 12:00pm
Please book this tour at least 30 days in advance
Product ID: 28835