Embark on this guided walking tour of Beijing's Forbidden City and Tiananmen Square. Discover the stories and people behind the Forbidden City's historic courtyards, palaces, pavilions, and gardens.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
- Reserve now & pay later
- Keep your travel plans flexible — book your spot and pay nothing today.
- Duration 4 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Live tour guide
- Pickup optional
- Your driver and guide will wait in the lobby of your hotel, holding a sign with your name on it.
- Wheelchair accessible
- Private group
Select participants and date
Please look for "Discover Beijing Tours" in front of Beijing Planning Exhibition Hall. You can reach here by taxi, here is the Chinese name for the museum, 请带我去北京城市规划馆前门东大街20号, you also can reach here by subway line 2 at Qianmen Station, exit E2, then walking 400 meters. Please note: do not reach the other part of the Tian'anmen square, everyone need a reservation to get on the Square, so if you take subway make sure get off at Qianmen Station, not the Tian'anmen East or West.Open in Google Maps ⟶
What to bring
- Comfortable shoes
- Luggage or large bags
Know before you go
- Your passport will be required during the tour. You may be refused entry to the Forbidden City without one
- Tours will run rain or shine (unless the Forbidden City is closed by the officials for safety reasons)
- There are mandatory security checks at all entry points to the sites. The wait time for the security check can be high during peak times/seasons and is separate from the ticket line
- Tian'anmen Square might close without advance notice due to government activity, if this happens you will walk around the Square