Enjoy a 50-minute guided visit of the Basilica del Pi, and the Treasury, the Crypt, the Museum and the Garden. On this excursion to the Barrio Gótico, you’ll also enjoy 360-degree views of the city and surrounding area from the top of the Bell Tower.
What to Expect
Visit Barcelona’s Basilica del Pi, the Treasury, the Crypt, the Museum, and the Garden and enjoy panoramic 360-degree views of the city from the Bell Tower. You’ll be accompanied by a local guide on this tour.
The Basilica, dating from the 14th century, is one of the oldest churches in Barcelona and a symbol of the Barrio Gótico. Marvel at its vast expanse that includes lateral chapels located between the Gothic columns.
As you tour the interior you’ll admire the light from the wide rose window above the main entrance and the artwork in the side chapels. Learn about the Basilica’s construction, history, and its curiosities, such as the pirate skull images on the floor.
The Basilica is a living community, and its space is filled with colorful flowers and candles. The Treasury contains an important collection of Catalan precious metal craftwork, and in the Crypt you’ll find a permanent historical exposition of Santa Maria del Pi 1714. The Garden is a surprisingly quiet space accessible from the Crypt.
Your visit also includes access to the the top of the Bell Tower through a spiral staircase in its interior. You’ll find the bells just before the rooftop and enjoy impressive 360-degree views of Barcelona from the city center.
The Bell Tower has only been open to the public since since 2014, but its majestic presence and the impressive structure of the tower have formed part of the city’s skyline since the 16th century.
- Admission to the Basilica, the Treasury, the Crypt, and the Garden
- Access to the Bell Tower
- Crowdfunding contribution to the restoration and conservation of the Basilica
Know Before You Go
• Appropriate dress is required when entering cathedrals and churches. Please make sure your shoulders and knees are covered
• The guided visit is available in Catalan, Spanish, and English
• By visiting the Basilica, you contribute to the conservation and restoration of its historical heritage