Immerse yourself in a world of Catalan viticulture at the Torres wineries, and discover the captivating landscape of Montserrat on an 11-hour tour from Barcelona. Visit the whitewashed, former fishing village of Sitges, and much more.
What to Expect
Taste the wines of the Torres wineries, and discover the curious rocks and monastery of Montserrat on a full-day sightseeing tour from Barcelona.
Transfer by air-conditioned bus to the Torres Wine Cellars in the heart of Penedés. Experience Catalan wines with all your senses. Learn more about wine production at the audiovisual exhibition that explains the history of the Torres wine producing family and their wineries. Then, board the small train that takes you to the vineyards of Mas La Plana. Travel back to the Middle Ages as you learn the secrets of the wine-making process. End with a tasting of 2 wines.
Next, drive to Montserrat Mountains to visit the Royal Basilica of Montserrat and see its 12th-century Romanesque carving of the Verge Moreneta (“Black Madonna”). Marvel at the Benedictine sanctuary, founded in 1025 as a mystical backdrop for the Virgin of Montserrat, the patron saint of Catalonia. Enjoy 3 hours of free time to explore the monastery complex and get some lunch (own expense). Sample some of the typical liquors produced by the monks.
Next, transfer to the seaside resort of Sitges, one of the most beautiful villages of the Catalan coast. Take a guided tour of its picturesque old town as you walk down narrow streets and discover its beautiful beaches, vibrant culture, cuisine, and boutique stores. Hear about the “Indianos” who left the village in search of a better life in America. Then, enjoy some free time to explore on your own.
To complete your day, add on an optional visit to Bacardí House, and learn the story of the most famous Indian family from Sitges, world-renowned for their rum! Discover the magic ingredients of Bacardi rum, before watching a demonstration on how to make a Mojito or Cuba Libre.
- Transportation by air-conditioned coach
- Bilingual guide
- Entrance and tour of the Torres wine cellars, including tasting with 2 glasses of wine
- 4 typical liquors tasting (handmade by the monks of the monastery)
- Entrance to the "Espai Audiovisual Montserrat" exhibition
- Guided walking tour of Sitges
- Visit to Bacardi House with workshop and tasting (if option booked)
What's Not Included
- Food and drinks (unless specified)
- Hotel pick-up and drop off
Know Before You Go
• Please note that this tour involves some walking, so wear comfortable clothes and shoes
• Please dress appropriately to enter the Basilica at Montserrat. Tank tops, strapless shirts, short shorts and sandals are not permitted
• Please note that Montserrat has a mountain climate. Depending on the season, you will need to wear clothes that protect you from the cold and/or rain