Take a high-speed train to Figueres, where you'll visit the Dalí Museum and see works spanning the visionary’s entire career. Continue to Girona for a tour of this cultural jewel, its medieval and Jewish quarters, and its colorful houses along the river.
What to Expect
On this full-day excursion from Barcelona you’ll combine a visit to the Dalí Theatre-Museum in Figueres with a tour of the 2,000-year-old town of Girona.
At the Dalí Museum the provocative surrealist painter has surprises in store for you, no matter what you may already know about his work. The genius of Salvador Dalí was cultivated in L’Empordà and on the Costa Brava, with Figueres both his birthplace and home to the Dalí Theatre-Museum.
You’ll experience the work and thought of one of the most extraordinary minds of the 20th century at the Dalí Museum. The museum features a broad range of works that span Dalí’s career from his earliest artistic experiences and surrealist creations, to the works of his final years.
Next you’ll head to Girona, a 2,000-year-old town where many cultures have left their footprint. The blend of Iberian, Greek, Roman, Arabic, Jewish, and Christian influences can be experienced in the unique and atmospheric old quarter.
Discover the network of medieval streets in the old town. Many were named after a particular trade that practiced there – a reminder of the medieval guilds. These streets are now lined with cafés and shops that help maintain the commercial spirit of the area.
El Call is one of the best-preserved medieval Jewish quarters in Europe, and features lovely old buildings and narrow streets. The Jews that lived here for 6 centuries were ruled by their own laws up to the time of the expulsion of Jews from Spain in 1492.
See the Girona Cathedral, built at the top of a hill and boasting a mixture of styles that illustrate the structure’s lengthy history. Note the Baroque entrance, the Romanesque cloister, and the widest Gothic nave in the world.
- Hotel pick-up (from Barcelona)
- High-speed train tickets
- Transport around Figueres and Girona
- Admission to the Dalí Museum and Girona Cathedral
What's Not Included
- Admission to other sites
- Hotel pick-up outside of Barcelona
Know Before You Go
• Please note, this tour is not wheelchair accessible
• Cancelation policy: up to 24-hours before tour start time, you can change the day or cancel the tour entirely. In the case of cancelations less than 24-hours before the tour, 100% of the fee will be charged
• The Dalí or Dalí & Girona Tours cannot be canceled or modified within 48 hours of your scheduled tour