Tarragona & Sitges Small Group Full-Day Tour
From $101 per personBook now
- Go to the Roman town of Tarragona and see the lesser-visited Roman Aqueduct
- Explore the Roman Amphitheater, and stand on the spot where gladiators once battled
- Visit Tarragona's mediaeval cathedral
- Wander the beautifully preserved streets of Tarragona's Old Town
- Delight at the charming Greco-Roman influenced architectural curiosity of Roc de San Gaieta
- Enjoy lunch on the beachfront at cosmopolitan Sitges
- Laze the afternoon away exploring the back streets and boutiques of Sitges
- Travel in a small group for a more intimate tour
From the Aqueduct, travel into Tarragona city center and explore the ancient Roman capital of the Iberian Peninsula, entering the Old Town through a narrow gateway in the Roman walls.
Starting at the Archaeological Walkway, admire the surviving stone walls, wander through the historic old quarter, pass the medieval hospital, and stop at the cathedral to enjoy the Sunday morning antique market for a great chance to pick up some unique gifts.
Explore the beautiful cathedral before continuing to the Roman Forum and nearby Roman Circus. Walk along underground passageways that once held the Circus stands, and arrive at Plaça de la Font, one of the most popular squares within the Old Town.
Enjoy breathtaking sea views over the Roman Amphitheatre, and imagine gladiators battling each other to the death! It’s a poignant moment to stand on the dusty ground that once bore witness to countless scenes of sacrifice and passion.
At approximately 12:30, depart Tarragona for Sitges. En route, you will stop briefly at Roc de Sant Gaieta, an intimate village built on the rocky shoreline. Stroll around its tiny white houses, and let your imagination take you away to Ibiza-style fishing villages, built with a touch of Roman-Greco flair.
Arrive in Sitges at 14:00, in perfect time for lunch. This once quiet fishing village today boasts a long and sandy beach, groovy boutiques, and a handful of interesting sights. Fashionable since the 1890s, when it became an avant-garde, art-world hang-out, Sitges provides a maze of shady side streets, where you can enjoy the Mediterranean atmosphere of its whitewashed houses. After a leisurely lunch, head off to one of the 17 beaches in town to spend a relaxing afternoon soaking up the sun.
Reunite with your group at 18:00 for the return journey to Barcelona.
- Professional guide
- Free guidebook to Barcelona
- Lunch and refreshments
- Museums in Tarragona
The tour departs from directly opposite the outdoor café of the famous Palau de la Musica, just off Via Laietana. The exact office address is Calle Palau de la Musica, 1, 08011.
Product ID: 7595