Head to El Born and explore the city quarter that dates back to the Middle Ages. Hear how people lived during that time and see some of the important landmarks. Visit the Mercat Princesa, a major gastronomic destination, and enjoy a tapas tasting session.
What to Expect
El Born was the center of life in medieval Barcelona. It was the economic and commercial heart of the city, and later one of the districts most significantly affected by war in the late 17th and early 18th centuries.
On this 3-hour guided tour you’ll learn about knightly adventures and hear medieval legends and stories about this centuries-old quarter.
Enter the walls of El Born and discover its narrow and ancient streets. See where the Rec Comtal, an irrigation canal, was built in the 10th century, where the most privileged inhabitants lived, and where the most important inner buildings stood.
Next, you’ll head to the Mercat Princesa, an incredible gastronomic space located in a renovated building from the 14th century. Admire its articulated stone walls and arches and medieval architectural detail.
At the periphery of the space around a courtyard covered with a glass dome, you’ll find 16 sites where you can taste culinary specialties of all kinds. The variety on offer makes the Mercat Princesa a meeting point for diverse tastes and budgets.
Enjoy a tasting session that features 2 tapas, accompanied by 1 drink in this stunning space.
- Official local guide
- Entrance fee to Santa Maria del Mar
- Tapas tasting (2 tapas and 1 drink)
Know Before You Go
• Children must be accompanied by an adult
• You will receive confirmation at the time of booking, unless you’re booking within 1 day of the tour. In this case confirmation will be sent as soon as possible (subject to availability)
• Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancelation after confirmation if there are not enough participants to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
• Be sure to wear comfortable shoes