Explore the Egyptian Museum in Barcelona with a full-day entrance ticket and discover one of Europe's foremost private collections of Egyptian art and artifacts from Ancient Egypt. See sarcophagi, amulets, mummies, jewels, and much more.
What to Expect
Located in the heart of Barcelona’s Eixample, the Museu Egipci de Barcelona is one of Europe’s most important collections of art and artifacts from Ancient Egypt, and with this entrance ticket you are free to explore its many attractions for a full day.
Structured around 10 main topics, the 2,000-square-meters of gallery space showcase almost 1,000 relics, including sarcophagi, mummies, jewelry and amulets, each providing a greater knowledge of everyday life and the prevailing customs of the Pharaohs.
You can join a guided tour of the collections, led by an Egyptologist, to get a more detailed understanding of the ancient civilization. In addition to the permanent and temporary exhibitions, other activities explore the collections in an entertaining way, such as a night-time guided tour when actors re-enact Egyptian scenes, and a guided tour that centers on Egyptian cuisine, when you can taste products that formed part of the Ancient Egyptians diet.
- Full-day entrance ticket to the Egyptian Museum
Museu Egipci de Barcelona, Calle València, 284, Barcelona 08007
Know Before You Go
• Museum opening times: Monday to Saturday - 10:00-20:00; Sunday - 10:00-14:00
• Please note that from 8 January to 21 June, and 12 September to 30 November, the museum is closed from 14:00-16:00
• The museum is closed on 1 January, 25 December and 26 December
• The museum is accessible to people with reduced mobility
• Guided tours, a café, bookshop, shop and library are all available at the museum