See the historic Montserrat Monastery, the Black Madonna, and a centuries-old chapel on this excursion to the mountain from Barcelona. Take the cable car to the top and enjoy an easy hike while you admire the panoramic views of the area.
What to Expect
Escape from busy Barcelona on this 6-hour excursion to Montserrat. When you arrive you’ll be in the capable hands of a certified mountain guide as you explore this popular site.
Discover the charm of Montserrat mountain, visit the Benedictine monastery of Santa Maria de Montserrat with its Black Madonna, or Virgin of Montserrat, and admire the chapel in the monastery garden. If you’re visiting on a school day, you may also be able to enjoy listening to the famed Montserrat boys’ choir.
Ride the cable car to the top, where you’ll have the opportunity to enjoy spectacular views of the region. Take an easy hike to appreciate the fresh air and mountainous terrain.
- Qualified and government-certified mountain guide
- Cable car ride
- Accident and civil liability insurance
- Parking fees
- Bottled water
Know Before You Go
• Tours operate throughout the year, and have a duration of 6 hours in total (08:30-14:30)
• Groups should be no larger than 6 persons (for larger groups please inquire)
• The Montserrat boys’ choir performs from Monday-Friday on school days only
• Bring some snacks to eat during the trek
• You’ll need to bring/wear sport shoes, comfortable clothing, sunscreen, and a raincoat