Enjoy a small-group tour to Montserrat, where you’ll be able to admire the world-famous Mountain of Montserrat inside and out. Visit the Salnitre’s Caverns, and then head to the monumental Montserrat Abbey, towering atop the rocky fingers.
What to Expect
Your 6-hour tour begins at the meeting point in central Barcelona. Then you’ll be able to relax in the comfort of an air-conditioned minibus during the hour-long drive to Montserrat Mountain.
On arrival you’ll find a stairway built into the rock that leads to the Paleolithic entrance of the Salnitre’s Caverns, the underworld heart of Montserrat. The Caverns comprise 500 meters of galleries of wild beauty, legends, and rock formations. During a comprehensive guided visit you’ll learn all about the stalactite and stalagmite formations.
After hearing why the mountain is geologically unique you’ll have a break to enjoy a snack (at your own expense) before taking the spiritual journey to the millenary Sanctuary.
Your local guide will tell you about the history, art, architecture, religion, and myths surrounding the Montserrat Abbey complex.
The heavenly, youthful voices of the Escolania Choir, one of the oldest choirs in Europe, will mark the beautiful finale to your visit to one of the most important pilgrimage sites in Spain.
- Local guide (English and Spanish speaker)
- Transportation by air-conditioned minibus
- Entrance to the Salnitre’s Caverns
What's Not Included
- Food and drinks
- Personal insurance
- Gratuities (optional)
Know Before You Go
• Although the tour is not particularly challenging comfortable shoes are advised (a number of stairways are involved during the Salnitre’s Caverns visit)
• A cancelation fee of 100 per cent of the total price is applied for cancelations made within 48 hours of the departure date. A cancelation fee of 50 per cent of the total price is applied for cancelations made 3-7 days prior to departure. There is no fee applied for cancelations made 8 or more days prior to the departure date
• The tour does not include personal insurance of any kind so participants need to have their own insurance policy covering all the activities on the tour