Catalonia: Festival of Light Fair Manresa & Montserrat
From $94 per personBook now
- Take the cable car up to the abbey of Montserrat Mountain
- Experience the annual Festival of the Lights medieval fair in Manresa
- Enjoy breathtaking views of Montserrat Natural Park
- Watch craft demonstrations of medieval trades
- See toubadors and tight rope walkers
- Hear one of the oldest children's choirs in Europe
The full-day tour departs Barcelona at 10:30, traveling by air-conditioned minivan to Montserrat Natural Park, about an hour’s journey northwest. Upon arrival, explore the monastic center of Catalonia, and see the famous “La Morenata” black virgin.
Enjoy breathtaking views of the striking mountains of the Catalan Pre-Coastal Range as you take the cable car to the Benedictine abbey of Santa Maria de Montserrat and the shrine of Santa Cova. At approximately 12:00, you will have the chance to listen to the choir boys of La Escolania de Montserrat, one of Europe’s oldest children’s choirs.
Continue north to Manresa in the geographic heart of Catalonia, and get ready to experience the annual Fira de l’Aixada medieval fair and fiesta. Held to commemorate the sight of a mysterious light coming from Montserrat, the Festival of the Lights centers on the Old Quarter of Manresa, which fills with masters of old trades, who demonstrate their arts and skills.
Tightrope walkers and troubadours enhance the medieval atmosphere, along with street decorations that recreate the atmosphere of the 14th century. Enjoy renditions of medieval music, enjoy activities for children and seniors, and find plenty of surprises along the way.
Return to Barcelona in the late afternoon/early evening for an arrival of approximately 19:00 and the end of tour services.
- Transportation by air-conditioned minivan
- The chance to meet locals and participate in the fair
- Native guide in Catalan, Spanish, or English
- Tour of Montserrat
- Hotel pick-up and drop off
- Meals (recommendations can be provided)
The tour starts on Plaça de l’Ossa Menor at the Glories Shopping Center in Barcelona (meet your guide next to the shopping center Information Office and Starbucks) (Open in Google Maps)
• This tour is available in English, Catalan, and Spanish
• Please arrive at the meeting point at least 15 minutes before scheduled departure
• Please bring a rain coat in case of rain
• Please bring suitable shoes for walking
• No refunds are available once a tour or service has commenced. For cancellations of up to 3 calendar days before scheduled start time, there is no cancellation fee. If you cancel 2 calendar days or less before the tour, you will be charged a 100% cancellation fee
• All return times are approximate
• This tour operates with a maximum of 12 participants for a more personalized service
Product ID: 43664