Enjoy one of the most impressive and unforgettable balloon flights of your life:a 3 hours hot air balloon ride over the snowed Pyrenees mountains, ending with a cross country flight at a low level over Central Catalonia landscapes before landing.
What to Expect
The PYRENEES CROSSING hot air balloon ride: probably one of the most impressive and unforgettable balloon flights you can make in a life: a balloon crossing over snowed mountains of the Pyrenees, ending with a cross country flight over Central Catalonia landscapes before landing. This is a long flight in distance and duration, around 3 hours! We will fly at different altitudes in order to have the right winds, between 9.000 and 12.000 feet high, but we will also fly at low hights in order to admire the beautiful countryside and esmerald valleys. During the balloon flight, the pilot will explain to all passengers how to control the balloon, navigate with a GPS, talk to air traffic controls, etc. We will also take the time to have a meal and drinks in the basket during the travel. Believe us, that flight is a real adventure!
Activity description: the activity starts at dawn with the picking up of the passengers at the meeting point. Then, the passengers have the opportunity to help during the preparation of the flight: the setting and inflation of the balloon. When the balloon is up, we take off for a 3 hours ride. The North wind is the master of our way to cross the Pyrenees mountains. We take time to have a meal and drink water and fruits juices during the flight. The landing marks the end of our ride. The chase crew comes to collect us and the balloon. Once the balloon packed, we go to a tipical Catalan restaurant, have a good meal and share everyone's impression best moments. Then, we celebrate the experience with a Cava Champagne toast and delivery of the first flight certicates signed by the pilot. We finish the activity by coming back in 4x4.
Location of the activity: the starting point of this activity is situated just a few miles away from the French frontier, in the Cerdanya county. The launch site is situated at about 2 hours within car distance from Barcelona city.
Days of activity: we operate that ride during the working days and week-ends.
Flying season for this activity: the Pyrenees crossing balloon ride is only made during the winter season, in December, January, February and March.
- Flight organization, the ballooning team (pilot+crew member), Third party insurance according to European law Nº785/2004, briefing and inflation of the balloon, a flight over the Catalan Pyrenees mountains of aprox. 3 hours in duration, Beverages during the flight, Landing then passengers recovery by the chase crew, Transfer to a typical Catalan restaurant and meal, Cava Champagne toast and delivery of First flight certificates signed by the pilot, Transfer back in 4x4.
What's Not Included
- Transfer from Barcelona to get to the balloon launch site in the Pyrenees
The meeting point and meeting time are set at the moment of confirmation.
Know Before You Go
- That activity requires a minimum of 4 participants. You can also make an individual booking and join an existing group.
- Not recommended for pregnant women and children under age of 6.
- Weight limit per person for the flight is a maximum of 220 pounds (100 kilos). If you are over that limit, please advise us before the balloon flight.
- We operate that activity with a maximum of 6 persons per balloon.
- Please wear comfortable and warm footwear, something you would wear for a walk in the countryside.
- There is no seating available in the basket, participants will be standing during the flight.
- Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund.