This full-day tour takes you to some of Catalonia's most famous landmark sites. Enjoy a day in Catalonia’s beautiful mountain range, Monserrat, with its statue of the Virgin of Montserrat, then visit Gaudi’s Crypt in Colonia Güell.
What to Expect
The Montserrat massif has traditionally been considered Catalonia's most famous mountain range. Its silhouette evokes the toothed blade of saw and this explains its name, which means "jagged mountain." At the top of the mountain is a monastery, inside which the image of the Mare de Déu de Montserrat (Virgin of Montserrat) is venerated. Widely and affectionately known as La Moreneta (the little dark-skinned one), she has been the patron saint of Catalonia since 1881.
In the Gaudí's Colònia Güell there is the Crypt, the "laboratory," where Gaudí experimented with almost all his architectural innovations. Is part of the Colonia Güell, a modernist industrial village renowned for its integrated urban design, which was groundbreaking at the time it was built.
Enjoy an orientation tour in Montserrat and a guided tour in Gaudí Crypt – Colonia Güell. Your day ends with a refreshing glass of cava.
- Orientation tour in Montserrat
- Guided tour in Gaudí Crypt - Colonia Güell
- Glass of cava
- Discounts at museums, places of interest, shops and restaurants
- Tour is free for children up to 8 years old
What's Not Included
- Audioguide system in 10 languages for sale on board: Catalan, Spanish, English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Chinese, Portuguese and Russian. The same audioguide system is valid for all three routes and has an extra charge of 5€.
Plaça Catalunya, in front of El Corte Inglés
What to Remember
Departure at 8.30am from Plaça Catalunya (in front of El Corte Inglés).
Passengers should arrive 20 minutes before the coach departs.
Arrival back in Barcelona at 4.30pm (Plaça Catalunya).