This day trip from Barcelona will take you to the heart of Catalonia. You will hike through the Pyrenees and visit ancient villages such as Ripoll, Vic and Sant Joan de les Abadeses.
What to Expect
You will leave Barcelona early in the morning and head north to Ripoll, where there will be time to have breakfast and visit the village. From Ripoll you will drive a little further to Sant Joan de les Abadeses where there will be a short stop to glimpse its rich heritage before beginning your hiking tour along peaceful trails surrounded by Mediterranean and sub alpine forest.
You will hike for around three hours reaching viewpoints to enjoy the beautiful environment. On your way back you will stop at Vic for lunch, a lively town full of history where you will see the narrow streets and the big market square which has held a weekly market for centuries. The villages on this tour have a rich history and were important in the Middle Ages when the local population hid in the mountains to protect themselves from war and pirates.
- Professional local mountain guide
What's Not Included
- Food and beverages
- Entrance to attractions
Cancel up to 1 day in advance for a full refund
Know Before You Go
• Appropriate footwear for walking in the mountains is required. Sneakers are enough
• Recommended to bring food and half a liter of water per person
• Activity subject to favorable weather conditions
• Activity not suitable for wheelchairs
• Activity not recommended for children under 10