Discover the former home of Salvador Dalí on a full-day tour to the Castle-Museum of Púbol from Barcelona. Learn how the sun, coves, and medieval history influenced his surrealist paintings. See the picturesque villages of the Costa Brava, and more.
What to Expect
Discover the landscape that inspired the surrealist painter Salvador Dali on a full-day tour of Púbol Castle and the dramatic scenery of the Costa Brava.
Following a pick-up from your hotel in Barcelona, drive by air-conditioned vehicle to the picturesque coastal village of Calella de Palafrugell. Admire its characteristic coves and colored rowboats. Then, walk along the coastal path of the Camino de Ronda to the hidden cove of Cala El Golfet. Enjoy some free time at the beach to dip your toes in the pristine waters.
Next, visit Peratallada to discover one of the best-preserved medieval villages in Catalonia. Pause for lunch at a typical mesón (own expense), before walking off the extra calories on cobbled streets that lead to a fortified castle, palace, and Church of Sant Esteve.
Continue to the Gala-Dalí Castle-Museum in Púbol, and experience Dali's exuberant creativity in the home where he spend his old age, and consecrated to his wife Gala. Enter their surreal wonderland of Dali paintings, sculptures, furniture, and ingenious architectural innovations. See his last workshop and intended mausoleum. Then, transfer back to Barcelona for an approximate arrival at 19:30 and the end of the tour services.
- Local guide
- Transportation by air-conditioned minivan
- Hotel pick-up and drop off
- Entrance to the Gala-Dalí Castle-Museum
What's Not Included
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
Know Before You Go
• A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
• Cancellations of 48 hours or less prior to the tour date are not subject to a refund. For cancellations of 3-7 days before the tour date a 50% charge of the total tour cost will apply. Cancellations 8 or more days before the tour date are subject to a 3.5% fee of the total tour price to cover admin costs
• Please wear comfortable shoes. Although the tour is not especially challenging, comfortable shoes and sun screen are recommended for the breaks at the beaches and coves
• This tour does not include personal insurance. Please ensure you have your own insurance policy that covers all activities on the itinerary