Save money on a combined morning tour of Montserrat monastery, and spend the afternoon exploring Gaudí’s basilica of the Sagrada Familia. Sample Catalan wines at the Codorniu Wine Cellars, see the Modernista architecture of L’Eixample, and more.
What to Expect
Experience 2 of the most popular sites in Barcelona and its surrounding countryside on a combined 2-part tour of Montserrat Monastery, and the unfinished basilica of La Sagrada Familia. Drive through the Penedes wine region, stopping to sample Catalan wines along the way.
Depart Barcelona for the cathedral of Cava at Codorniu, where you will visit the largest underground cellar in the world. With stocks of up to 100 million bottles, the cellars are housed in a historic Modernista building, and your visit includes a tour of the cellar by small electric train. Taste some of the Cavas on offer to experience the Catalan method of producing Champenoise wine.
Continue to Montserrat for spectacular views of the mountain, monastery, and holy shrine. Enjoy the beauty of the Parc Natural de Montserrat, and learn the history of the Basilica and Chapel of the Virgin.
After some free time for lunch, return to Barcelona for a tour of the single most important monument in the city. Gaudi dedicated the latter part of his life to the basilica of the Sagrada Famila, but died before he finished it.
Before you go to the cathedral, visit Passeig de Gràcia to see the whimsical façades of the Casa Batlló and La Pedrera, and get a sense of the elegant 19th-century extension of L’Eixample. On arrival at the Sagrada Familia, enjoy a full explanation of Antoni Gaudi’s most extraordinary creation.
- Entrance to the Sagrada Família
- Wine tasting at Codorniu Cellars
What's Not Included
- Hotel pick-up and drop off
- Entrance to other monuments not mentioned in the itinerary
Your coach departs from Plaça Catalunya, in front of Deutsche Bank and Hotel Olivia Plaza.
(Open in Google Maps)
Know Before You Go
• Tours depart for Montserrat and Codorniu Wine Cellars at 08:30. The Sagrada Família tour starts at 15:15
• Tours are available daily, except Wednesdays and Sundays
• Unfortunately, this tour is not wheelchair accessible
• Cancelation policy: up to 24-hours before tour start time, you can change the day or cancel the tour entirely. In the case of cancelations less than 24-hours before the tour, 100% of the fee will be charged