Barcelona: Gaudi and the Age of Modernisme Walking Tour
From $101 per personBook now
- Skip the long lines to the Sagrada Familia and Casa Battló
- Learn more about the Modernisme movement in Barcelona
- See buildings by Gaudi's contemporaries, such as the Palau Macaya, and Casa Amatller
- Admire the Passion and Nativity façades of the Sagrada Familia
- Walk down the streets of the grid-like L'Eixample
- Discover some of the trademark Modernisme motifs, such as the use of mosaic tiles
Meet your guide outside La Sagrada Família, Antoni Gaudi’s unfinished masterpiece, and marvel at the contrasting Nativity and Passion façades of the basilica. Skip the long lines to enter the cathedral and see the soaring spires from inside.
Learn about Gaudi’s architectonic language, cementing his place in the pantheon of 20th-century architects. Walk through Barcelona’s grid-like L’Eixample to see buildings designed by his contemporaries, such as the Palau Macaya, Casa Terradas, and Casa Amatller by Puig i Cadafalch.
Marvel at Domènech i Montaner’s crenelated Casa Lleó Morera, and hear more about the principles governing the Modernisme movement. Stroll down streets full of Modernisme treasures, such as Carrer Mallorca and the wide Passeig de Gràcia, home to the extraordinary Casa Batlló and lampposts designed by Gaudi himself!
- Skip-the-line entrance
- Local guide
- Walking tour
- Audio system to hear your guide's explanations
- Hotel pick-up and drop off
- Food and drinks
Meet your guide next to the subway exit at the Sagrada Familia (Lines L2 and L5) in carrer Provença 443. Your guide will be holding a sign with the name of the tour and "VIA Barcelona".
• You will receive confirmation of your tour at the time of booking, unless you’re booking within 1 day of the tour. In this case, confirmation will be sent as soon as possible (subject to availability)
• Minimum numbers apply. Tours may be cancelled after confirmation if there are not enough participants to meet the minimum requirements. In this event, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
• This tour is not wheelchair accessible
• Please wear comfortable shoes
Product ID: 58633