Discover Gaudi’s fantastical architecture from a self-balancing Segway on a 3-hour tour of Barcelona. See eccentric skyscrapers in the modern districts, explore the narrow streets of the Gothic Quarter, and cruise the wide boulevards of L’Eixample.
What to Expect
Explore the picturesque streets of Barcelona from the comfort and safety of a self-balancing Segway on a 3-hour tour that starts and ends in the Barri Gotic (Gothic Quarter).
Meet your guide for a short training session on the easy-to-drive, eco-friendly vehicles. Once you feel confident, cruise down the narrow streets of Barcelona’s medieval neighborhoods, passing art galleries and boutique shops along the way.
See the Neoclassical façade of Barcelona Cathedral, along with remnants of the Roman walls. Continue to Plaza Catalunya and up Passeig de Gracia to find some of the most whimsical architecture by Gaudi and other Modernisme architects. Admire the mosaic tiles, organic form, and striking dragon roof of one of Gaudi’s most famous buildings; Casa Batlló (La Pedrera).
Next, travel along Diagonal, one of Barcelona’s main arteries, en route to La Sagrada Familia, Gaudi’s eccentric, unfinished basilica. Leave the past behind as you explore the hi-tech skyscrapers of the 21st century. Then, Segway the sinuous paths of Parc de la Ciutadella to experience Barcelona’s green oasis, before heading back to the meeting point for the end of the tour.
- Segway driving lesson and test-drive
- Helmets and raincoats
What's Not Included
- Video recording of your trip (available to purchase for EUR 20)
- Entrance fees
Know Before You Go
• Participants should weigh between 35 and 130 kilograms (77 to 286 pounds) to ride a Segway
• Trainers will teach you safe Segway driving basics before the tour
• Please note that the number of tour participants can reach up to 30 people at a time; however, this will then be divided into smaller groups of 6 persons, each of which will have its own guide