Leave Bangkok for a full-day trip into the jungle. Ride oxen, enjoy a freshly-cooked Thai lunch, visit a national park and enjoy an elephant ride for an all-round incredible experience.
What to Expect
06:30: Your guide and driver will pick you up from your hotel and head to Nakhon Nayok Province for around 1.5 hours.
09:00: Stop at a local market to see and sample some local food, such as deep fried insects and seasonal fruits. This market sells all kinds of meat, fish, seafood, vegetables and herbs as well as clothes and shoes. Purchase some seasonal fruits as a tasty lunch addition. Drive for another 30 minutes to Baan Kwian Village to experience the "Colorful Thai Way of Living."
10:00: Enjoy a relaxing ox cart ride. This has been the traditional form of transport in Thailand for centuries. The ride can be a bit bumpy but a lot of fun. It will give you an idea of how the local population commutes in this beautiful forested region.
11:00: Arrive at a Thai-style wooden home and learn the secret recipe of 5 classic Thai dishes, before cooking an authentic Thai meal. Learn the wonders of Thai herbs and spices, which makes Thai cuisine popular the world over, in a home-style learning environment. When it’s time to eat, move to the dining area and enjoy your meal and fresh fruits.
12:30: Continue to Khao Yai National Park, a UNESCO World Heritage Site where you’ll take a short hike to Haew Narok Waterfall. For a beautiful view of the waterfall, walk 1 kilometer from the main road.
14:30: Next, relax with a bird’s eye view from atop an elephant for a 30-minute ride exploring small jungles and crossing a creek. After a leisurely ride, feed and take picture with them and watch how they use their trunks to pick up and eat bananas, pineapples and sugar canes.
15:30: You will return to your hotel, arriving at around 18.30.
- National Park entrance fees
- Bottled water and refreshing towels
- A 20-minute ox cart ride in the countryside
- Passengers' insurance and travel planning service
- Raincoats and anti-leech socks in rainy season
- Licensed English-speaking tour guide
- Transportation by comfortable minivan, vehicle or car
- A 30-minute elephant ride through the jungle and creek
- An authentic Thai lunch at a renowned Thai style wooden home with hot and sour prawn soup (Tom Yum Goong) and Green Papaya Salad (Som Tam)
What's Not Included
- Personal expenses
- Other services not outlined in the itinerary
Cancel up to 1 day in advance for a full refund
Know Before You Go
• Please inform the tour operator if you have any dietary restrictions and allergies and they will aim to accommodate you