Cycle the quiet routes of Bangkok on an easy-paced 4.5-hour afternoon bike tour. Cruise local canals by long tail boat, enjoy a traditional Thai lunch and discover different Bangkok neighborhoods.
What to Expect
Get away from the crowds and immerse yourself in the everyday life of Bangkok on a half-day, afternoon bike tour of local neighborhoods. Cycling at a slow pace, you will cover a distance of approximately 10 miles (15 kilometers), taking several breaks for refreshments and a lunch of delicious Thai cuisine.
The trip focuses on the canals on the Thonburi side of the Chao Phraya River. Within a block from the meeting point you will leave the bustle of the city far behind, stopping at Baan Bu village to discover a little community famous for its production of stone-polished bowls.
After lunch by the canal, you will visit a local market (a floating market on the weekends) and stop to feed the fishes. Then you will pedal into green and quiet areas. Experience how the locals live along the banks of a jumble of canals and alleys, far from the sky-train and skyscrapers of downtown Bangkok. After your experience in the city's hidden jungle, swap your bike for a cruise along the canals by long-tail boat for yet another perspective of Bangkok.
- Bike rental
- English and Scandinavian-speaking guide
- Local Thai meal
- Regular refreshments
- Long tail boat trip
- Accident insurance
- Tea/coffee or cold drinks during briefing
- Helmets, gloves, and baby-seats available on request
the Bangkok by Bike office, located at:
161/1 Soi 17, Somdetprapinklao Road, Arun Amarin, Bangkok Noi
Know Before You Go
• Please wear comfortable clothes and sun protection. Wear shoes suitable for cycling
• Women and girls, please wear clothes that cover shoulders and knees to visit the Arun Temple
• You do not have to bring drinking water or soft drinks as these will be provided at regular intervals