See the sights of Bangkok according to your interests with a licensed guide. Personalize your itinerary in advance, and visit attractions such as the Grand Palace and Temple of the Emerald Buddha. Take a day trip to a floating market and much more.
What to Expect
Customize your Bangkok itinerary in advance with the help of a private guide, and explore the city sights or take a day trip to one of the nearby attractions. Maximize your time with a private guide service. Set the time that you want to start, and benefit from a hotel pick-up.
The following are example itineraries, but your tour can easily be changed based on professional advice and your personal travel style.
Program 1 - Thailand Introduction:
Take the sky train or subway and continue by tuktuk, taxi or boat to the Grand Palace complex, where the Kings of Siam (and later Thailand) have resided since 1782. See the magnificent temple and reclining Buddha statue at Wat Pho. Admire one of Thailand's landmark monuments at the temple of Wat Arun. Cruise down the canals (klongs) to get a more intimate picture of life in the city.
Program 2 - Art and Architecture:
Visit a teak wood mansion and marble temple. Go to the Jim Thompson House, where the American designer and silk merchant lived until his mysterious disappearance in 1967. Visit the Arts of the Kingdom to see masterpieces of Thai art.
Outside Bangkok (private transportation is essential)
Program 3 - People and Markets:
Take the train to a floating market, and then sharpen your negotiation skills as you explore the stalls by boat. Sample authentic Thai snacks, and enjoy a meal and drinks. Please note that for this program you must depart Bangkok by 07:00.
Program 4 - Ayutthaya:
Explore the temple ruins of the former capital of the Kingdom of Siam at Ayutthaya. Learn the history of the UNESCO-listed buildings, including the remains of palaces and Buddhist monasteries. Sample the local food and much more.
Program 5 -River Kwai Trip:
Visit the legendary bridge over the Mae Klong River that formed part of the Burma Railway and was the inspiration for the book and film, "The Bridge on the River Kwai." Ride on the back of an elephant and more.
- Hotel pick-up and drop off
- English-speaking guide
- Admissions fees for the tour guide
- Travel insurance (please provide the full names of all participants)
What's Not Included
- All transportation costs
- Boat ride fee
- Admission fees
- Accident insurance for the trip
- Meals or drinks
- Personal expenses
- Expressway fee
- Parking fees
- Optional or additional expenses
Know Before You Go
• Accident insurance is requested for an additional THB 50 per person
• A trip outside Bangkok can be arranged on request. The transportation rate is approximately THB 2,800 – 4,500 per 8-hour day
• Once your booking is confirmed, the local supplier will send you a short questionnaire. Kindly provide any information to help them pre-design your itinerary
• Please note that the Grand Palace and Temple of the Emerald Buddha are subject to a strictly enforced dress code for men and women
• It is recommended that you wear comfortable shoes that are easy to take off. Many places request that you take off your shoes on visiting
• Please note that you must take off your hat and close your umbrella before entering certain buildings
• Shorts, short skirts and tights cannot be worn as outer garments
• To visit the Grand Palace, please wear pants that cover your ankles
• Sleeveless shirts are not permitted
• The departure time will be confirmed prior to your tour