With tributary waterways (Klongs) extending into the deepest corners of Thonburi on the west bank of the Chao Phraya River, there is no better way to explore these parts than aboard a Thai-style long tail boat with a route past important Bangkok sites.
What to Expect
Enjoy an early morning pick-up from your hotel by your driver and guide and drive to one of the main boat piers along the Chao Phraya River. From here, board a long tail boat and sail across the river to the Thonburi side of Bangkok’s metropolis.
Journey down the legendary Chao Phraya River, known as the “River of Kings,” and its Klongs (canals) and learn why Bangkok earned the title “Venice of the East." These waterways reach the deepest corners of Thonburi on the west bank of the Chao Phraya River; many local communities still travel primarily by boat and there is a lack of roads.
Ride along the canals and get a first-hand impression of the scenic life along Bangkok’s waterways. This boat trip travels to all the famous riverside landmarks, including the glittering Wat Arun (the Temple of Dawn) and the magnificent Royal Barges Museum.
Proceed past other notable icons such as the Holy Rosary Church, built by the Portuguese, the first Europeans to settle in Thailand in the 16th century, and the Oriental Hotel, famous for hosting celebrated authors like Joseph Conrad and Somerset Maugham.
- Transfer from and to your Bangkok CBD hotel with driver
- English-speaking guide
- Long tail boat cruise through the Thonburi canals
- All entrance fees, where applicable
- The use of available life jackets on board
- All taxes and service fees
What's Not Included
- Other entrance fees and expenses
- Hotel accommodation in Bangkok
- Transfer arrangement to and from riverside hotels in Bangkok
Know Before You Go
• Transfer to and from your booked Bangkok CBC hotel is included. Please contact the supplier for pick-up and drop off rates for riverside hotels