Bangkok has hundreds of temples within its city borders. From the most culturally important to the simply stunning, this tour of Buddhist landmarks will introduce you to some of the best sights in the Thai capital.
What to Expect
Your tour guide will pick you up from your hotel in Bangkok, ready to spend 4 hours exploring the most stunning temples in Bangkok. Your tour will begin at the unmissable Golden Buddha. Located in Bangkok’s thriving Chinatown district, Wat Trimitr (also known as Wat Traimit) is best known as the home of the largest known solid gold Buddha in the world. Standing at 15 feet tall and weighing in at approximately 5.5 tons, this 700-year old statue has an interesting history.
Driving through Chinatown, arrive at the grounds of Wat Pho. This large and extensive temple neighbors the Grand Palace enclave and contains a gigantic gold-plated reclining Buddha, some 46 meters long and 15 meters high, with beautifully mother-of-pearl soles. Considered to be one of the world's most famous temples, Wat Pho is also regarded as the first center of public education in the country and is sometimes referred to as "Thailand’s first university."
- Private tours and transfer from/to your Bangkok CBD Hotel with driver
- English-speaking guide
- All entrance fees, where applicable
- All taxes and service fees included
What's Not Included
- Additional entrance fees and expenses
- Hotel accommodation in Bangkok CBD District
Your downtown Bangkok hotel.
Know Before You Go
• As you will enter religious buildings, you are asked to dress appropriately, covering your legs and shoulders
• Shoes that can easily be removed inside the temples are recommended