Explore the ancient ruins of the former capital of Siam on a full-day tour of Ayutthaya from Bangkok. Learn the history of the Thai kings at the Summer Palace of Bang-Pa, drive through the old city by tuk tuk, enjoy a Thai style lunch, and much more.
What to Expect
Explore the former capital of Siam on a full-day tour of the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Ayutthaya, one of Thailand's most majestic highlights. Serving as the Thai capital from 1350-1767, Ayutthaya rivaled the great European capitals in its day, and was especially noted for its impressive palaces and temples.
First, you will go to the Bang Pa Summer Palace, used by the royal court as a summer retreat in the 17th century, and still used by the Thai royal family today. Most of the buildings date from the reign of King Rama V, but you will see a variety of architectural styles, all set in a large park around ponds and waterways.
Ride through the city by some of the oldest tuk tuks in the world! Stop to taste some of the local sweets, made from Indian recipes. After a delicious Thai style lunch, walk through the ruins of the former capital to see the 2 most beautiful temples, the Wat Phra Si Sanphet and Wat Chai Watanaram.
You will also take a boat ride around the ruins to experience everyday life on the Chao Phraya River, and get a different perspective of the historical city sights.
- English-speaking guide
- Transportation by luxury van with driver
- Gasoline, and toll fares if applicable
- All admission fees as mentioned in the detailed description
- Boat ride around the island
- Thai style lunch
- Water and cold towels in the van
- Lots of local snacks and Thai surprises to spice up your day
What's Not Included
- Tips and personal expenses
- Drinks not mentioned
- Flights and anything not mentioned in the program
Know Before You Go
• Please wear suitable clothing for the Summer Palace. Women should cover their shoulders and knees, and men should cover their shoulders and wear long pants.
This tour is based on private English speaking guide. We have other guides in German, Dutch, French and Spanish available but please allow us at least 10 days time between the booking and the actual tour. This service is based on availability and subject to a surcharge of $ 30 Usd to be paid on spot on actual tour date.
Please contact us for more details if necessary.