Kicking Horse River: 3-Hour Class 1-3 Rafting Trip
- Discover the famous Kicking Horse River on a half-day whitewater rafting experience
- Experience fun, splashy waves set within beautiful Rocky Mountain scenery
- Enjoy an excursion with world-class rafting professionals
- Receive top-of-the-line gear for your trip
Check-in at the lodge conveniently located on TransCanada Highway #1. Be fitted with top-of-the-line gear and transported to the starting point of the rafting experience. Receive a thorough safety briefing before setting off on the river.
Embark on a 90-minute downstream journey starting with the "Alarm Clock" rapid, which is sure to wake everyone up. In between the exciting rapids, take in the beautiful scenery surrounding you on all sides. Learn about the wildlife in the area, how the Kicking Horse River got its name, and how the river gets its beautiful blue color. Finish the rafting trip at "Hopi's Hole", which serves as an exciting grande finale.
After the rafting, be taken back to the lodge to relax and warm up in the heated changing-rooms. Once back in warm, dry clothes, enjoy freshly baked goodies and seasonal fruit along with a selection of hot and cold beverages. Browse through the gift shop to pick up a souvenir t-shirt or photos from your experience.
- High-quality river gear (wetsuit, wetsuit booties, gloves, polar fleece sweater, spray jacket, life jacket, and helmet)
- Bathing suit and towel
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Pregnant women
- People with back problems
- People with mobility impairments
Prepare for the activity
From Lake Louise, Banff, Calgary: Drive west on TransCanada Highway 1. From Lake Louise, you will pass by the town of Field on your left (approx. 15 – 20 minutes & 26km or 16mi). Approximately 20 – 25 minutes further on from Field (about 28km or 17mi), on your left, you will pass the Yoho National Park entry gates for eastbound traffic marked by 3 flags and a small wooden kiosk. Look for large billboards on the left-hand side of the highway and blue and white highway signs on your right. You will exit the highway by turning right and looping back through a tunnel under the highway. Turn right at the stop sign. Go approx. 100 to 200 yards/metres. Turn left and see the large brown building, green roof. From The West (Golden, Revelstoke): Drive east on TransCanada Highway 1. Pass through the town of Golden. The lodge is located approximately 25km or 15 miles from the town of Golden. Turn right on Beaverfoot Road then look for blue and white signs for “Wild Water Adventures RiverBase"Open in Google Maps ⟶
- Face mask or protective covering
• All trips depart rain or shine
• Familiarity and comfort around water is recommended
• This trip is recommended for fully-mobile participants
• The local partner reserves the right to alter or cancel any logistic or departure