Explore the unique ice-covered waterfalls and beautiful scenery of Banff’s Johnston Canyon during this guided Icewalk. Embark on a half-day hike which takes you all the way to the iconic upper falls, a glittering tower of ice that rises 30 meters.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
- Reserve now & pay later
- Keep your travel plans flexible — book your spot and pay nothing today.
- Duration 4 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Live tour guide
Select participants and date
Wait at the public bus parking spot located behind the Mount Royal Hotel at 138 Banff Ave. You must be ready 15 minutes prior to the tour departure time. Your guide will be there within the 15-minute pickup window.Open in Google Maps ⟶
What to bring
- Thermal clothing
- Warm clothing
- Snow clothing
- Warm shoes
- Luggage or large bags
Know before you go
- The minimum age for this tour is 8 years
- Children aged 15 and under must have someone 18 years and older with them
- All adults must sign a waiver prior to the tour. A waiver must also be completed by the parent or guardian of any child under the age of 18
- Guests should dress in winter clothing for this trip including a winter jacket, snow pants, hats, mittens, and waterproof winter boots
- In total, this is a 5.4 kilometer hike with 135 meters of elevation gain. Moderate fitness is recommended to ensure that you enjoy the tour